BarCamp Miami 2010 – Feb 21st
BarCamp Miami 2010 happened on Feb 21st 2010
Well we all had a great time and it was AWESOME!
Want to see slides, movies and more?
Then check out these links:
Flickr Photos (a Search)
The OFFICIAL Flickr BarCamp Miami Group
Twitter Pictures of the event
UStream Videos of some of the Talks
Want the contact info of that Attendee or Presenter you met?
No problem. Here’s the list of Attendees for BarCamp 2010 (Just scroll down after the sponsors)
Someone was nice enough to write down the schedule of our 2010 event (Google Spreadsheet, should work on any computer, and most smart phones)
What is BarCamp?
BarCamp is an ad-hoc gathering born from the desire for people to share and learn in an open environment. It is an intense event with discussions, demos, and interaction from attendees.
BarCampMiami 2010 included 5 breakout areas for presentations by South Florida’s startup community, plus a track for News Innovation Camp and one for Crisis Camp Haiti!
What was BarCamp Miami 2010 all about?
BarCamp Miami Happened at: 4141 Building
4141 Ne 2nd Avenue
Miami, FL 33137
What is News Innovation?
News Innovation is a gathering of tech-savvy, open-minded individuals who embrace changes in the media industry and work to bring about new models.
What is Crisis Camp Haiti?
Crisis Camp brings together volunteers to collaborate on technology projects which aim to assist in Haiti’s relief efforts by providing data, information, maps and technical assistance to NGOs, relief agencies and the public.
Who Should Be There?
Anyone working on a new startup that wants to get some great feedback. Anyone looking for talent. Anyone talented looking for work. Anyone looking to invest in brilliant new ideas. Anyone looking to find partners for their brilliant new ideas. Anyone who wants to present what s/he is working on. Anyone who has a passion for blogging, wikis, design, coding and the web in general. Everyone is welcome. Everyone is encouraged to present. It’s totally free and an excellent source of what is hot, new and upcoming.
Want to Sponsor?
BarCamp Miami is a free event for participants, thanks to sponsors who make it possible. Sponsorships are $250 maximum so that even startups can contribute on a monetary level in-line with keeping this a free, grassroots community event.
To sponsor, just buy a sponsor ticket!
- $250 sponsors will have their logos printed materials which will be posted and handed out at local universities and other establishments; and on BarCamp posters at the event
- Sponsors will be displayed online on the blog and wiki and will be given credit at the event.
- We will ask for your logo in high-resolution, so we may print it on collateral materials.
- Register here on EventBrite to give coordinators an idea as to how many people are coming;
- If you wish to make a presentation, start preparing your slides!
- We will make every effort to provide wi-fi, but cannot guarantee availability. If you plan on making a demo, make sure to have backup slides, just in case!
- Bring a laptop – It’s great for showing off that program you mentioned in your session;
- Check back to get your lunch ticket! We are working out the details with a caterer;
- Come early, but not too early – Showing up at the announced starting time will be fine. Show up earlier, and you’ll get drafted for setup work (much appreciated!). Show up later, and you’ll miss some social activity, which starts with a geek breakfast at a local venue;
- Be ready to participate – come with an idea for a session you can lead. You don’t have to be an expert at your topic; as long as it’s not too specific, there’ll probably be someone else present who can help you out. You can also contribute to the conversation during a session. This is a great way to participate, since it spreads knowledge from everyone, instead of just the leader.